Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Pearls

I love these last chance barrels warning, presumably people, from falling into the intake shoot at the dam. When I see the big sign 500 yards before the barrels that says 'Danger, turn around', I feel immediate anxiety. How do you know when the sign is for you? For background, I have a hard time interpreting the orange signs on the back of trucks that says 'construction vehicle, do not follow'. When I am in traffic behind a truck with that signage, does that mean at any moment it could be not okay?

From a number of different perspectives I have been struggling today with black and white. Photographing white things, strong declarative statements, drawing with charcoal. I think that's why I like those barrels, like an orange pearl necklace, no confusing words, just wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment