Thursday, September 10, 2015

Lumbering Rock

This slumbering lumbering rock stopped me in my tracks this morning. Battleship grey, laying about growing moss and practically making topsoil on it's tummy. I just loved it. Like it had been there for the ages. I thought of Jane Culp's interview in Painting Perceptions. A western United States en plein aire painter, Jane loves the dynamic energy of those newly minted Rockies. She talks about New England rocks as old things, almost used up, covered up things. And I have say this morning marveling at that big slab of rock laying there, I laughed out loud. Jane's interview is a good read, it's here: http://paintingperceptions.com/featured-interviews/conversation-with-jane-culp

And some of Jane's marvelous landscapes are here in the gallery, check 'em out!

No comments:

Post a Comment