Monday, January 9, 2012

Play

My new chair has play in its legs. I go back and forth in my mind as to whether or not I should try to eradicate it. This a a typical artist type conundrum. Why wouldn't I fix the chair? Well, for one thing, the play in the chair is honest to the chair's age. And furthermore, it is a tad unnerving when you sit in it. Using chairs as my canvas has opened up a train of thought around sitting and seats and staying in your seat. Often since the flood, one thing or another has come up where I'd really like to whirl around and have things come out my way. But it has been just as obvious to me that I would achieve nothing but exhaustion for my thrashings. So for the most part, I have stayed put. True, sometimes nervously wiggling about but sometimes seated, patient and quiet. Waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment